CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Registrations are accepted at the Organisers discretion and only upon receipt of the deposit as set out below. You will be notified of acceptance of your entry by email.
- Raising money for the nominated charity, KidsCan, is a condition of entry. Each team is required to raise a minimum of $1,000.
- The Event is limited to 50 cars and entry is on a first come, first served basis.
- Vehicles may be a Mini of any year or any other classic car as featured in the film “Goodbye Pork Pie”. In the spirit of the classic films we will take the road trip of a lifetime from Paihia to Invercargill – “We’re taking this bloody car to Invercargill.”
- A team is made up of one car and two fully licensed drivers. Participants will be required to share a room during the event. Hotel rooms will have one double bed (double) or two single beds (twin). Your preference is to be advised upon acceptance of registration.
- Drivers must present a current driver’s license that complies with New Zealand laws and regulations at the beginning of the Event and every vehicle must be registered and hold a current Warrant of Fitness for the duration of the Event.
- All participants will be required to meet current Covid Legislation eg Vaccination Passport or other other documentation as legally required at the time of the event.
- Total cost for participation in the event is $3175 and includes 7 nights hotel/motel accommodation and full breakfasts in a twin or double room; 1 way interisland ferry crossing for a car and two passengers; entry to a buffet meal on the first night of the event in Taupo and entry to the formal celebration dinner for 2 people in Invercargill. All other arrangements (including lunches/dinners, return journey to your home, breakdowns etc.) are at the participant(s) expense.
- Cost breakdown – An Entry Fee of $1,000.00 is payable by 4pm Friday 17th June 2022, on receiving a confirmation email of registration acceptance. This must accompany a completed Entry and Risk Acceptance Form. The balance of $2175 is to be paid by 4pm, Friday 28th October 2022.
- All cancellations must be notified to the Organisers in writing.
- Cancellations notified before 1st October, 2022 will incur an administration fee of $100 and the balance of the deposit paid will be refunded.
- No refund will be given for cancellations notified after 1st November, 2022. However the Organisers may, at their discretion, consider a refund for cancellations after this time for genuine life events.
The first 50 successful applicants will be notified by email and supplied with bank details to pay the $1000 Entry Fee.